Professional software for managing font files on Windows 7, Vista & XP
Printer's Apprentice is a fantastic font manager for Windows Vista & XP. Whether you are a graphic artist, a publishing professional or a software enthusiast, if you have a lot of fonts, Printer's Apprentice will help you organize your collection.
Printer's Apprentice features font browsing, previewing and printing for TrueType, Adobe Type, and OpenType fonts with a polished user interface. Browsing and preview functions let you examine fonts from any storage device without copying files or installing fonts. You can look at every character of each font, see how fonts look in a paragraph, find symbol characters on the keyboard and examine the copyright information embedded in font files. Printer's Apprentice also lets you examine multiple fonts at a time using the new Font Compare tab. Includes support for non-US character sets.
Intelligent font install and uninstall tools let you manage fonts with more options than the Windows Control Panel. Use the font uninstall function to preview and trim unnecessary typefaces in your Windows setup.
Font groups quickly installs and uninstalls user defined batches of fonts as needed for your projects. Font groups are stored as easy to access folders on your hard drive. Your fonts are not locked away in a proprietary database.
Printer's Apprentice shows you how fonts look on the printed page with nine (9) different sample sheets and eight (8) different catalogs. Print styles include multi-column font lists, keyboard charts, character sets and single font layouts. Printer's Apprentice can easily print all the uninstalled fonts on CD-ROMs or other media. The new zoomable, multi-page print preview window shows you exactly what the printed output will look like.
A full help system is included to get you started quickly. Printer's Apprentice is digitally signed and includes a complete uninstaller to cleanly remove the software from your system if needed.
Why Choose Printer's Apprentice ?
- Advanced TIFF Editor supports many FAX file formats.
- Font browsing, previewing and printing works with TrueType, Adobe Type, and OpenType fonts.
- Intelligent font install and uninstall tools.
- Quickly installs or uninstalls user defined batches of fonts.
- Printer's Apprentice shows you how fonts look on the printed page.
- Printer's Apprentice can print catalog listings of every font on the CD with no effort at all!
Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Starter/ Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business /Ultimate
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with SP2/SP3 or Home/Professional/Media Center
- Microsoft® .NET Framework Version 2.0
- 300 MHz processor or faster processor
- 128 MB of RAM or more
- 20 MB of free hard disk space.